Weatherization and the Environment
This explains what weatherization and insulation will do for you and your family: make your home more comfortable, while saving money on your heating and cooling bills. But what effect does weatherization and insulation have on the environment? When you reduce the amount of energy you and your family waste via a leaky building envelope, you reduce the amount you need to buy. This in turn decreases the amount your utility provider has to buy or generate, which reduces the amount of energy the US has to generate, which decreases the amount of the world’s resources that are used, as well as the amount of pollution created while generating, transporting, and storing energy.
It all adds up! According to the DOE’s website, …you have the power to reduce energy demand, and when you reduce demand, you cut the amount of resources, like coal and gas, needed to make energy that means you create less greenhouse gas emissions, which keeps air cleaner for all of us. Plus, reducing energy use increases our energy security.
Some Facts and Figures from the US Department of Energy
- The United States uses nearly a million dollars worth of energy each minute, every day of the year.
- With less than 5% of the world’s population, the United States consumes about 25% of the world’s energy resources.
- The United States uses about 342 million Btu (British thermal units, a way of measuring energy) per person in a year, while the rest of the world on average uses 70 million Btu per person per year.
- Any reduction in energy usage we as individuals, families, and businesses make will add up to help balance these national statistics.
- Just as your house is a system in which all parts should work together to keep you comfortable without wasting your money, our environment is also a system in which all parts should work together to support us while still conserving natural resources.
- The good news is that by having Smart Air’s weatherization team tighten up your house system, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort to save money and conserve resources!
Request Weatherization and Insulation services now!